Sunday, February 12, 2012

Praying together to further the kingdom...

“As you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.” 2 Corinthians 1:11 (NIV).

It is always special to me to pray together with others. I had the chance to pray with my brother in India, Kranthipaul Somavarapu, of Andhra Pradesh, via the telephone.

Although we are over eight thousand miles from one another, we have some of the very same prayer concerns as we both work to glorify our King and Savior Jesus Christ.

Together we prayed for the advancing of God’s kingdom in India. The pastors working with him need prayer and financial support to continue the outreach programs they have in the surrounding villages and towns.

We also prayed for God’s favor and blessings to be on Freedom Fellowship, a church plant I am involved with locally. More people are needed to join the launch team and financial provisions are also needed for this ministry.

In the matchless name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I ask you all to join us in praying for Prince Ministries – India and for Freedom Fellowship.

Intercessory prayer has a great value in furthering the kingdom. Apostle Paul knew the strength and comfort he gained by asking others to pray for him and the work he was doing for the LORD.

Two thousand years past Paul’s time I, too, ask for strength and comfort for the teams working to further the kingdom of God.

“I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.” Romans 15:30 (NIV).

Led by the Holy Spirit,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries†

No comments:

Post a Comment