Monday, August 19, 2013

Recharged for Kingdom Work

Falls by the face
“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” (Psalm 91:1-2 NIV).

O how great is our God! I went backpacking up in Wyoming’s Snowy Range Mountains in the Medicine Bow National Forest. I was with a wild-hearted group of nine men seeking to spend some time with their JESUS.

It was just me and my JESUS by a waterfall from 9 to 5 on the second day. It was just us all alone except for the heavenly host that celebrated as a child of God repented, thanked the Almighty for His unending love and grace, and asked for direction for the coming days.

I began my time with the LORD praying to him and read scripture out of my owner’s manual, a pocket-sized bible, filled with God’s holy power in His word. I am a warrior for the kingdom and the tool for winning the war is His word. That’s where I began.

With the sound of the waterfall blocking out all distractions, I read Psalm 91 as if I was reading it to Him, my sovereign LORD and savior.

“He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge,” (Psalm 91:4 NIV). As these words left my lips, in the roaring water I suddenly heard what sounded like a marching band playing in a parade.

As I ran across verses 11 and 12, “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” That's when I realized the band playing was the heavenly host, a large group of angels of the LORD.

The marching band I heard playing had to be a God thing because I was over five miles from the trailhead and the number of people I had seen since backpacking in was a dozen. That's counting the eight men of God I was with. I was in awe struck wonder!

Continuing to read God’s holy word, I was comforted once again as I ran across this promise in verse 15, “He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.”

I dozed off for about twenty minutes and awoke with a butterfly sitting on my hand and the LORD then downloaded His desires for me which immediately became my desires.

I love how He loves us. He has stirred the fire within me that He lit years ago and now the raging fire has Satan on his heels. I am chosen, loved, and forgiven, and have once again been recharged for kingdom work.

“Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” (Psalm 33:3 NIV).

Thank You King JESUS!

Praying 4 U Ministries



No comments:

Post a Comment