Tuesday, June 15, 2010

'That's How You Defeat Satan...'


Just a note to encourage you to do everything possible to further your relationship with Christ. Don't think because you have spent years going to church every Sunday that you have got a place to go in the sky when you die. You want to meet your Maker in the sky, you better have a personal relationship with him on earth.

God isn't going to be checking how many gold stars you have on your Sunday School attendance card when you check out on earth. When you meet him face to face you will want him to recognize you as one of the king's men.

I have grown tremendously in my faith and love for our Sovereign Lord. I have a burning desire to know more and more about our God that created me from himself. Yes, a little bit of me is from him. It is deep inside of me and it is up to me to make that part of me grow and grow.

Our God is great. He is awesome beyond compare. David wrote in Psalm 40:3, "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Who can't use a new song in their mouth from time to time. I am excited about the high Jesus has given me. Thank you for that new song, O God. All praise and glory to you forever and ever!

Study God's word, memorize it and meditate on it day and night. No matter how old you are. It's not too late and you will never learn scripture any younger. I encourage you to read your bible daily and memorize scripture. If you know the word of God and have it on your mind and on your lips, it will be easy to apply it in your life. That's how you defeat Satan.

Rick Hawbaker

'Serving of living God'

No comments:

Post a Comment