Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"You Turned My Wailing Into Dancing..."


I have been flipping through the pages of the bible for years and reading here and there. Last week I ran across Psalm 30 and two verses stuck with me.

"You turned my wailing into dancing: you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." (Psalm 30:11-12 NIV)

King David wrote this psalm of thanksgiving upon the occasion of the dedication of his temple. Although David was the anointed one to become King of Israel, he spent many days on the run from King Saul, whom he replaced at the helm.

David's dysfunctional family life haunted him from the time he was a young lad tending the sheep until he died and was buried in the city of David as the King of Israel.

You might think the king-to-be had everything, but the truth is he was plagued with troubles just like every other human being. David was connected to the Lord and prayed in desperation at times. We are blessed to have his prayers and thoughts recorded for us in God's holy word.

Like David, we too are faced with an unpaved rocky road to walk. Our God can change are sorrows into joy in an instant. He can turn our wailing into dancing and he does. But don't forget gloomy days will return for us as we are surrounded in Satan's kingdom of darkness until our days here come to an end.

Be filled with the GREAT HOPE of one day the Lord coming back to get us. Jesus tells us in John 14, "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

We will rise and soar beyond everything imaginable and discover the place Jesus is off preparing for us to spend eternity. As we come to realize just how great our God is...it is then we worship him all the more passionately!

Thank You King Jesus - You are Awesome!

"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." (Romans 11:36 NIV)

Rick Hawbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment