Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"ARE YOU A PREACHER OR WHAT?"

I had a person from my past contact me on Facebook wanting to be friends. I accepted them and a day later they looked over my page which is full of me, what I do, and what I believe. This was their response to what they found out about me…

"ARE YOU A PREACHER OR WHAT? i THOUGHT YOU WERE THE hAWBAKERS FROM THE dAWSON, iA. i WENT TO SCHOOL THERE, TILL 1962.ALL THIS RELGION STUFF IS GETTING TIRESOME!! OK?"

The Holy Spirit brought to mind a scripture I had read earlier in the day. “They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.” John 15:21 (NIV)

I am not the little boy of the 60’s that she once knew. I did not grow up and become conformed to the patterns of this world. But instead, I have been transformed by the renewing of my mind and have accepted the role that God has planned for me as one of his very own.

It is written in God’s holy word, “Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.” (Mark 13:13 NIV).

Awesome One – Our hope is in you all day long. Guide us in your truth and teach us, for you are God our Savior. You are the great healer, the great provider. From you, through you, and to you are all things. To you be the glory forever and ever! In the Jesus name. Amen!

Rick Hawbaker ~ Praying 4 U Ministries

Daily scripture, prayer and praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Praying-4-U-/ 364285405278?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment