Saturday, August 27, 2011

He makes the rough places smooth...

“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.” Isaiah 42:16 NIV.

Oh, what a joy it is to pray for others. Seeing the great hope they have in our great God, propels me to keep ushering in the power of the Holy Spirit around me.

I had a 22 year-old come and ask me to pray with her this week. As I listened to her prayer concerns, I learned a lot about the young lady. She was filled with a heart of compassion for two dying relatives and has faith that God does “make the rough places smooth”.

She is in her first year of her walk with the LORD and she knows that being a Christian is not an easy life. But she knows as a Christian, you are never alone. He will not forsake us.

“Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40 NIV. This young lady believes and will see the glory of God.

Father God ~ We praise you, O LORD, for you are Holy. You are the king of glory and you surround us like the mountains surround Jerusalem. Smother us with your perfect love that lasts forever. We love how you love us. In the good and great name of Jesus. Amen!

Rick Hawbaker †
Praying 4 U Ministries


No comments:

Post a Comment