Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Is your phone the LORD of your life?


“- for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.” ~ 2 Peter 2:19b.

This question popped in my head recently…Are you walking through life with JESUS or are you walking through life with your cell phone?

With all the things a phone can do, we are in danger of letting it master us. I  was away for a week in the mountains. I didn’t need a computer or laptop to keep in touch with the world. I had my phone.

I was able to keep up with Facebook, tweet, email and text with friends all over the world. I searched the internet for places to hike, to eat, checked the weather, mapped where I was going, and looked over real estate. I even took pictures with it. I did everything but use it as a phone is intended to be used.

I see the break room at work is filled with people not talking with one another and families out to dinner not communicating, because they are all on their phones. People can’t sit at a red light waiting for the light to turn green without checking their phones or texting someone. Is your phone the LORD of your life?

A friend told me he had taken a step back and had gotten a phone that just makes calls. It was consuming too much of his time and he could see his teenage son having the same problem.

God used Pastor Todd Hudson of Freedom Fellowship to give me a sense of guilt of my addiction to my phone saying, " Is anything other than JESUS the LORD or master of your life? Then Satan has won! "


My addiction to my phone was confirmed and I have been convicted. The last thing I want is to be on the outside of the Kingdom looking in. I am so thankful for a God that will not leave me as I was, but a God who loves me and continues to sanctify me.

By laying this at the foot of the cross, looking up to a mighty God for strength to overcome and confessing this addiction to him and others, I can throw down the chains that have bound me and be free. I want to walk through life with JESUS. You can too!


“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” ~ Philippians 4:13.

Led by the Spirit

Rick Hawbaker

Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment