Saturday, August 18, 2012

Set on fire again...


You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” ~ Isaiah 55:12 (NIV).

I thank the LORD God Almighty for friends Bob, Chris and Daryl. I loved them all long before the inaugural WAAWG Backpacking adventure and now love them even more. We recently spent three days and two nights in the outback of Wyoming in the Snowy Range together in the wild.

God is all about exceeding all our expectations and that is certainly what he did on this Week-end Almost Alone With God (WAAWG). I was extremely excited about backpacking, especially with three men of God who I already knew pretty well.

I knew our time together and time with the LORD would go unmatched. God had our attention at the trips beginning to the very end. Although the majority of things downloaded to me from Papa were repeat things, He knows I am a slow learner and sometimes I need to be picked up and set back down on the ground with my feet running.

After praying off and on throughout the rainy night, I was not surprised to be blessed seeing a Bald Eagle circling above my tent as the first morning was broken. I thank JESUS for showing me ten Bald Eagles, thirty-plus Elk, two moose, and three men who loved me.

I am grateful to have seen the face of the LORD over the years in these men and O what a fabulous time hanging out with them in the midst of King JESUS.

I can not imagine a more inspiring setting to encounter our LORD than where our feet took us. It was a slice of heaven and I was again set on FIRE for the LORD.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV).

Led By The Holy Spirit,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment