Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I am like the rain and snow?


“I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.” ~ Jeremiah 10:23 (NIV).

I am in a season of rest. I didn’t want it. I didn’t ask for it, but God knows best and here I am. I have only called off work three times in the last twelve years and then this week comes and I have called off three days in a row with a hamstring injury.

Playing the game of life is like all games. Nobody wants to be jerked out of the game and sit on the sidelines. I feel that is what has happened to me, but I thank the Lord God Almighty for forcing me to slow down and check in with him.

Knowing the scripture above out of Jeremiah 10, “that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps”, I think we need to make a better attempt at checking in with Jesus. We need to know more about the course he has charted for us, our map to our Promised Land of heaven. Doing things our way certainly isn’t going to stack up well with our potter.

I was laying in pain asking my savior to come by and lay His healing hands on me. As I prayed I saw a vision of Him and I walking toward a corner. Only thing separating us was a row of broken off rotting wooden post.  
 
I could see the corner ahead but could see nothing straight ahead past that and there was not a road the right. The only path was to the left and that was the side He was on.

I think He was telling me that I can see the end of the road from where I am and that I have already made my choice and that is to be with Him eternally. That’s why there was not another road to take.

We have a close relationship and I already know I can climb up into His lap at any time. That is probably the reason that the fence was gone between us. He is always available and His presence is easily gained.

I have prayed what if anything else this vision was to tell me. I was told I am already seated with Him in heaven and am here on earth to release His power and glory. I have been sent down from heaven just like the rain and the snow that comes down and I, too, will not return to heaven without watering the earth.

So as I now wonder over the dusty trail to the final corner to go away with Him in heavenly places, I know that I, just like rain, or snow or the word of God, will not return to heaven void.

Thank You Holy Spirit!

“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” ~ Isaiah 55 10-11~ (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment