Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Apple Of God's Eye


Our Sovereign Lord loves each and everyone of us so much that we will never be able to understand it. He constantly displays an unending love for us.
Fugitive David was on the run hiding from King Saul who wanted to kill him. David's prayer in Psalm 17 says "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me."

We are very special to God. We are a creation of the Creator of the ends of the earth. When we are hurt by others and when we hurt others, God is hurt. But, on the worst day of our life, God still loves us.

Go to your Father, through his son, Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit and forgive others for hurting you and ask for forgiveness for hurting others.

We are the "apple of God's eye" just like David prayed to be years ago. God's unending love for us is priceless and we are priceless to the King of Kings. We never lose value in God's eyes!

Rick Hawbaker
'Apple of God's Eye'