Sunday, April 18, 2010

If You Haven't Changed, You Haven't Met Him!

A young man from the bible college campus dorms was combing our neighborhood one summer night spreading the good news of Jesus door to door. I took a chance and invited him in so we could chat.

He asked me to get my bible so I could follow along as he wanted to share some scripture with me and my wife. I returned to the room within 30 seconds with my King James red-letter version. The bible thumper was shocked I could find my bible so fast.

I guess most people he had asked to get their bible had ask him to leave their home. He said some people actually did go on search for their bible, but couldn't find where they had left it. Some returned with a dusty book with the look that it had only been opened by the person who had given it to them.

The apostle Peter wrote in 1 Peter 2:1-2, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good."

If you want to know Jesus, you have to dive into his word. Salvation is a forever life changing experience and you continued to change.You may have been baptized as a baby and maybe you said the sinners prayer in a musty church basement as a child. But if you have not changed, you haven't met him.

Increase your desire to know him more. Life with Jesus isn't easier. It's just not lonely.

Rick Hawbaker
'I Never Get Lonely Because I Am Never Alone'