Friday, July 2, 2010

I Thank God For Cell Phones...


God and I got a thing going on! He is the King of Kings, our Sovereign Lord. Creator of all things out of nothing. He directs me and keeps me safe. He gives me wisdom, knowledge, strength, courage and guides me as I give encouragement to others through his word. We can give encouragement to others in many ways.
I thank God for cell phones. I think they are a great thing. They can be bad for you as you are constantly connected with satan's world and the on-going problems. I can attest to that. I have had days actually ruined as I have taken a text message or a phone call when I have been in America's outback. But I use my cell phone to glorify my God. My maker. My king. That out-weighs the discouraging disadvantages.
A saintly friend of mine sent me a text message that had inspiring scripture in it one day. I know how it hit the spot at that time and I wanted to return the favor to him.
The next day I found a scripture that spoke to me and I wanted to share it. I text it to him. The spirit of God moved me to copy, paste, text and send it to a couple of other close friends a few days later. As things go that our Almighty Father is behind, it grew and grew and grew. It is still growing.
These special friends really appreciated the texts. They felt sometimes that God had directed me to send it to them as it gave them a lift to get through the current dilemma they were in. They said it was actually scary how close the message fit the situation they were battling. These men shared with friends what I was doing and the friends asked to be included in what has become a mass messaging.
This text messaging ministry went from a son of God texting me, to me texting over 60 men and women some days. The great thing is some of these dear brothers and sisters in Christ are copying and texting the God given message to their children and to their friends. You guessed it, and they are forwarding it on to others.
Only our great Lord knows how many people are getting encouragement and scripture in this way. I do know that the days I cut it down to only about ten people, I get text from friends wondering where their text is today.
Our God is so powerful and should be repected, honored and glorified beyond the highest point we can imagine. He stops the water from oceans from going past the sand. He hung the sun, the moon and all the stars in the sky. He does everything for you. You think you love him. He loves you more. Even on your worst days.
Like the Parable of the Good Samaritan that Jesus told of in Luke 10, get off your donkey and help others in any way you can. Encourage someone today by sharing God's word. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105 (NIV)
Rick Hawbaker
'One of the King's Men'
(Pictured above is me on a rock with my hiking buddy, Dillon. We are in the Lost Creek Wilderness in Colorado, USA.)

No comments:

Post a Comment