Friday, January 21, 2011

I have witnessed the kingdom of God...

I remember the day a little over nine years ago that I stood on my deck of our A-frame home in the mountains and took a phone call from my Urologist. Tears rolled down my cheeks as he confirmed I had cancer. “Oh God! No!”, I screamed.

God’s holy word tells us, “Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…I will give you a full life span. Exodus 23:25-26 (NIV)

When King Jesus walked on earth he healed all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease through our Father in heaven. Jesus ushered in the kingdom of God. Every time he healed he was showing the kingdom is here.

God is the Great Healer and I am blessed and forever grateful that he guided the mind and knife of the surgeon that removed all of the fast growing cancer from my body.

The Lord appointed seventy-two and sent them out two by two ahead of Jesus to the towns he was about to go to. Jesus said, “Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ Luke 10:9 (NIV)

I have witnessed the kingdom of God. It has come near to me!

Father God, Thank you for healing me and showing me a piece of your kingdom. Your great power that is among us is awesome. May we never pass up a chance to pray for a healing for anyone. May we truly bring your kingdom to earth. In Jesus name, Amen!

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker ~ Praying 4-U Ministries

Daily scripture, prayer and praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Praying-4-U-/ 364285405278?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment