Monday, January 24, 2011

Praying the Jabez prayer...

I have been praying the Jabez prayer from the old testament as I want God to increase my area of influence for him. I am sure you know the prayer and possibly you have prayed it too.

“Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” 1 Chronicles 4:10 (NIV).

Being a Christian writer and wanting people to actually have access to what the Holy Spirit is telling me to write, I want as many people as possible to see what I have written.

I began about nine months ago writing this Christian Blog and set up a page on Facebook. Some 50 to 75 people a week are looking at my blog and nearly 450 are fans of my Facebook page, Praying 4-U.

I have joined Global Scope Ministries (GSM) in the last month as an administrator of “Men of Faith”, “Praying People”, and “I Love God” pages. Instead of reaching around 500 people with prayers and devotions on my own pages, writing for GSM has put me in front of over 400,000.

Being one that doesn’t give up praying, I have continued to pray for the LORD to “enlarge my territory”. God has granted my request just as he did for Jabez . This week I was asked be an administor on “The Bible” page. “The Bible” has over six million fans! It is the largest Christian page on Facebook.

Father God, You have surpassed all greatness. Nothing is above you. I give you the glory and praise and ask that others will join in with me and pray that the lost will continue to be found. May the sheep be led to the great shephard through pages like these. In the good and great name of King Jesus! Amen and Amen!

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker ~ Praying 4-U Ministries

Daily scripture, prayer and praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Praying-4-U-/ 364285405278?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment