Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Praying for one another…

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8 (NIV).

Often times we find ourselves in the position of not knowing what to say to a brother or how to help a friend in need. I ran into someone this week I had not seen in four years. We hurried to catch up with one another’s happenings while we had been absent one from another.

Joy filled our hearts as we talked over old times of working together. As I began asking about his wife and children, suddenly the light fun conversation switched to serious talk.

With tears in his eyes this young man informed me that his wife, 34, had colon cancer. Sadden and shocked, I offered to pray for the love of his life. That is the most we can do for one another.

I ask you not to forget you have brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of prayer. Please don’t let them down, but lift them up in prayer to our God. For our God is the mighty healer and the mighty provider. He is all to us and we can’t make it without Him.

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U

1 comment:

  1. Rick, It was not an accident you encountered your old friend; I hope you follow up with him.

    ReplyDelete