Sunday, May 15, 2011

Revealing the glory of the LORD…

I was driving to work at sunrise through the singing hills just south of town. Oh, what a beautiful day was coming. God’s presence was there to be seen. Rolling hills of scattered pines dotted the landscape. The freshness of the morning displayed the glory of our Maker.

I popped up over a hill and noticed a lot of deer running along the shoulder on the other side of the road. Looking to the right I could see two deer watching the others run. A look straight ahead sent a signal to my brain to stand on the brakes immediately because there were three deer crossing my path.

An Angel of the Lord alerted me just in time. My vehicle stopped three feet short of killing a deer, or two, or three, and possibly myself. All glory and praise to our coming and risen king. He has given me more time to release His presence.

Holy, holy is He. Although I stopped on a dime, God did not stop there. He went on almost immediately to show me a vision of my father carrying a newborn calf across the field to the shelter of a barn.

That scene of my father playing through my mind actually happened over fifty years ago. It was the exact thing that happened and I had not recalled it since. God put it through my mind again.

It got me thinking of my father. He was a passive and compassionate man of God. The glory of the Lord shined through him. He gave me a good example of how to live for Christ as he was obedient to God’s commands and possessed the compassion of Jesus addressing the needs of others.

That’s how you reveal the glory of God.

Father God ~ You are awesome in power. The extent of your greatness is unknown. Your glory has always covered the earth, but many have never seen it. May I boldly release the presence of God, displaying your glory, and bringing forth your kingdom. May the knowledge of the glory of the LORD soon cover the earth as the waters cover the sea. In Jesus name. Amen!

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment