Friday, September 2, 2011

In pursuit of God...

‘God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.’ Psalm 46:1 (NIV).

I spent a day alone with God hiking in America’s outback. I could have taken my usual mile to three mile walk in the Open Space and talked to Him in the city. That is always a good time, but I showed Him I had a great desire to become even closer to Him. This time we hung out together backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park.

It is often hard to listen to our King as we hop the hurdles in our daily routine. That is why it is great to get alone with Him. I certainly could feel His presence around me as I hiked in Wild Basin. Our talk together was good and a lot was revealed to me. I only wish the day did not end as it was a slice of heaven.

Four hours from shelter I became wetter than a ducks feet as an afternoon rain storm swept upon me. The heavy pouring rain and the wind combined to give me a chill. As I began to shake from the cold, I knew I was in trouble.

God led me to the cover of a big tree beside a beautiful mountain stream. There He wrapped His arms around me, warming me up and keeping me from getting any wetter.

‘The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.’ Psalm 46:7 (NIV). God indeed is a mighty fortress!

God is so good and so God. Seek Him today. Bask in His presence. Become what you are to be. All glory and Praise to the King of Kings!

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker †
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment