Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pick ten to pray for...

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” Psalm 143:8 (NIV)

I took a personal day off from work and sought God for a day. It was great getting alone with our almighty God. Nobody likes me more than he does and I like nobody more than him.

I got God alone on a hiking trail in Rocky Mountain National Park or should I say He got me alone. Anyhoo, it was great spending a day in the presence of the King of Glory. His all-embracing silence increased my sensitivity and compassion for others.

I did not have questions prepared to ask Him, but you know, I did not run out of things to say or think about. The best part of our chat was when I listened to Him. I imagine that was His favorite part of the day too.

He would like me to pick ten key people in the kingdom that I personally know and to pray for each one of them three times a day. This will bring me closer with others that have the same goal of furthering the kingdom of God.

Together we will be stronger and make more progress for King Jesus. But I think more importantly, my faith will become stronger as I develop compassion and concern for others through prayer.

It is the first time I have heard of “Picking Ten”, but I have taken His advice and have added it to my prayer time. If we are going to be His sheep we must listen to Jesus, trust and obey, put aside earthly things and follow him. The sheep are safe and secure in the hand of the Good Shepherd.

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:27-28 (NIV).

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker †
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment