Friday, September 16, 2011

Reaching for the cloak of Jesus garment...

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, Philippians 2:9 (NIV). There is power in the name of Jesus!

I have been united in prayer with some close brothers. Together we are armoring up to fight evil. We are not going out of our way to pick on Satan, the snake, but as we put together the final plans of a Men’s Advance, he has been coming after us.

Satan would love to slow us down as we hope to have over 200 men to encounter God at an Advance. God has always shown up in a BIG way at the Advances. He will this year too. We have already witness God making His move.

The snake tried to knock us down on Thursday, but he was flat out destroyed! One of my friends temporarily struggled with a back problem and another had work stress levels hit unhealthy highs. I was slowed down at work with a circulation problem in my legs. Together we called upon each other and lifted one another up to our amazing God.

I had a foot ulcer for over two weeks and it was getting worse. Each day the sore would get chewed up as I am on my feet all day performing my job. Wednesday night I was reaching my maximum pain level. God encouraged me to get to the doctor and get some antibiotics, so the wound would not seriously get infected.

I turned it over to God on Thursday. I called to get an appointment and then text my prayer warrior friends. Within 20 minutes of texting the prayer warriors, my support socks loosened up and fell down around my ankles on the affected leg. That was the beginning of the healing process. The swelling had left my leg.

I knew right away that my friends had been praying for me and that God was on it. I had reached for the cloak of Jesus garment. I went to the appointment and got some advice and three prescriptions. I am here to tell you that our almighty God healed me. The one and a half inch wide sore that was four inches long now looked like a three inch line drawn by a sharpie. Thank you Jesus!

“But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment