Sunday, November 13, 2011

Walking with the King...

‘For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.’ Psalm 84:11 (NIV)

It has been a busy week. God things are happening all around. I guess I should expect that. You just can’t pursue God with a burning desire for more, more and more of Him without seeing supernatural things.

I was thinking this morning about how for 25 years I vacationed in Colorado for two to three weeks a year. I stayed on the highways and hit all of the big tourist areas. I did not see Colorado or know what it was all about.It was not until I got off the main roads and hiked back into the wilderness areas and on top of the 14,000 foot mountains that I got to know Colorado.

I would have to say my walk with Jesus has been very similar to my experience of knowing Colorado. I played church for years and never knew the LORD until I got off the main roads and searched for Him.

I have been in hot pursuit of God, King Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. My love for them grows every day. I am awed daily at what I see God doing in me and around me.

'The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.' Exodus (15:2 NIV).

Seeking Him,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries †



No comments:

Post a Comment