Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let your light shine...


“Let your light so shine before men,” Matthew 5:16 (KJV).

A couple months back I found myself driving through a blinding snow storm late at night from a surgical center to an emergency room at a hospital across the city.

My wife’s surgery on her broken arm and torn shoulder had taken longer than expected and since she had lost so much blood, they decided to send her by ambulance to where a blood transfusion could take place.

I slid this way and that way across the wet roads. I had never been on these streets and did not know where the hospital was. I prayed for a lot of things that night besides my wife’s circumstances and health. I prayed for a street sign that I could read. They were all covered with snow.

I got to the emergency room and parked my truck in a foot of snow. I ran across the wet white stuff lifting my feet high and headed for the door still praying my wife would not need a transfusion.

Once inside, I was stopped by the security. Panting from running, worried about what was going on, and wearing the winter weather on my clothes and in my hair, I must have looked a bit perplexed. Looking me over, the security person became concerned about the bulge in my coat pocket just above my heart. What was I carrying into the hospital?

Much to his surprise as he searched me he found my 6 ½” by 4 ½” Holy Bible kept dry from the weather. I am here to tell you that God is always using us and you can’t hide the fact that you are a Christian.

We have been told in the Holy word to let our lights shine. Shine like a city on a hill or a lighted lamp on a stand. Walk close to our great God and reflect the shining light from Him into the darkness. His light shining through you just may be the light on a path to show someone their way home.

"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. " John 15:8 (KJV).

Led By The Spirit Of God,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries †

No comments:

Post a Comment