Saturday, March 3, 2012

They are gone...

“Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.” Luke 18:1 (NIV).

I went grocery shopping this morning with my wife. It was a great day at the large box retailer on a super slab. It was not great because we found everything we wanted in one store and we were out the door quickly. It was great because of what we did not find.

A good friend of mine told me several years back that this huge retailer had an inspirational book section full of books that were not of the Christian doctrine. I hoped nobody would pick up one of these books thinking it was o.k. to read since it was near the Christian books.

I just could not believe that this could be. This was a family-oriented business when it was begun in the 70’s and the company stressed Christian values for a lot of years.

I visited this retailer and sure enough, there it was. The store had eight feet of bibles and other Christian inspirational books and then had four feet of inspirational books from a group many have called a cult.

I vowed that day that every time I went in that store that I would stop and pray over the Christian section of books. I prayed that they would increase and prayed over the other books that they would be found not to be selling and removed from the store.

Guess what? Yep, you guessed it. The non-Christian inspirational books are gone. I am not saying the books are gone because I prayed over 100 times for them to be removed. But, I will say that not one prayer is wasted as our LORD hears the prayers of his children.

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Ephesians 6:18 (NIV).


Led by the Spirit,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment