Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gathering the scattered flock...


Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city.” ~ Acts 18:9 (NKJV).

This story of the Lord speaking to Paul in the night by a vision spoke to me today. I think the Lord is telling me that my workplace is this city and the Lord has many people there that need to hear the stories of what Jesus is like and need to be nudged in the direction of home into His lap. 

The Lord is saying to me do not be afraid to speak up about Him and please, please do not be silent. Don’t be silent because I may be the only way they are going to hear about the mighty works of King Jesus.

The Lord said “for I am with you” which tells me that I am doing the work of the Lord and that I am in His presence and that He will protect me as we further His kingdom together.

Jesus told us in Luke 10:2, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few;” We need to get out and be the hands and the feet of the Lord as this statement of the harvest being huge is still true two thousand years later. Jesus said the laborers are few and that is still true, too.

If we were in the last days two thousand years ago then we must be in the last seconds now. I hear the Lord saying, “Help me gather my scattered chosen flock.”

The King’s Kid,

Rick Hawbaker

Praying 4 U Ministries

 

No comments:

Post a Comment