Friday, August 6, 2010

What Is On Your Agenda?


If you have ever worked in retail you must agree that it is like going to a parade every day. You watch a lot of people come and go. I am not talking about the traffic of the shoppers. I am referring to the great turnover of associates.

God has brought a lot of people across my path at work. I pray this day that they have seen Jesus in me and I thank him for giving me a glimpse of himself through them. The holy spirit has been upon me and directs me as I am the hands and feet of the King of the universe. All praise and glory goes to our creator.

Lots and lots of water has gone under the bridge. Sometimes it has trickled and sometimes it has rushed. Many people are up to their necks in high water this day. Many know the strength that only God can provide, yet don't take their needs to the throne in prayer.

God gives and gives. He gives more than a loving father. He knows our every need and want and in his hands he molds us into becoming perfect. We won't be completely perfect until we pass through the gates of heaven. But every day after once laying aside our old self and taking up the new life with him, we are being made perfect like his glorious son, Jesus.

What made Jesus perfect? Was it the fact that his only agenda while on earth was to do the will of God? Is that why Jesus was perfect in God's eyes? We too should have just one thing on our agenda and it should be the same thing that was on Jesus' agenda...to do the will of our Father in heaven.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will" Romans 12:2 (NIV)

Rick Hawbaker

'Created To Care'

No comments:

Post a Comment