Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Am The King's Kid...


The heartland of America is where I was born in the 50's to a family that worked and lived off the land. The Lord has always been with my family and our love for Christ has grown in all of our hearts. The Lord has blessed us and is ever present with all of us.

I am one of God's very own sheep and boldly profess I am the king's kid. Being the king's kid is grand. I can't think of anything that would be better. The closer I get to king Jesus, the closer he gets to me. Satan doesn't like what I am doing because I am advancing the kingdom of God! I have chosen God over Satan and have never looked back. I love the way God loves me!

Those who are Christ-like are to be the light of the world, but you can't be the light of the world if you are not plugged in. You have to know the word of God and apply it in your life. That's how you defeat Satan. Get plugged into a small group or two with Christian friends and be in hot pursuit of Jesus Christ. Seek the kingdom of God. Make yourself available to God to do his work and keep in rhythm with the holy spirit.

When is the last time you made God crack a smile? Is Jesus pleased with our progress? It is written in Matthew 25 that it will be easy to separate the sheep from the goats when the Lord returns for his people. Are we doing enough to build the kingdom of God? Are we doing anything?

The Lord told the prophet Samuel just before he anointed David to be king over Israel, "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV).

Repent, believe and grow in faith. Don't hurry through life and miss Jesus. Slow down from the run you are on. Take time to look for God working around you and join him in helping others. There is nothing outside of Christ. He is all we need and all we have. Be an outpost for the kingdom of God!

Do you know the God you are worshipping. More importantly, does God know you?

Serving a living God,

Rick Hawbaker
'The King's Kid'

No comments:

Post a Comment