Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus!


"Stand up, Stand up for Jesus! ye soldiers of the cross." I stood up and sang that song with great enthusiasm many times as a young teen. I had no idea what spiritual warfare was and knew very little about the God I was worshipping. I just knew that getting together with friends was a good time and getting together at church one evening a week is what all the good kids did.

I have since come to know evil in this kingdom of darkness and have come to know the Lord and his shining light. God's Holy Spirit continues to sanctify me as I advance the Kingdom of God. The councils of hell shake when my feet hit the floor in the mornings. Satan is very real to me as he was to our King Jesus. If you are ignorant to the fact that there is a war going on for you, then you are probably losing the battle.

There is not a word known to me that states just how great our God is and there is no word that states how bad Satan is. As you make a stand for Jesus, the spiritual forces of evil attack you, and attempt to knock you down from your stand for righteousness. I have a friend that has a strong relationship with Christ and every time his family prays in his home, his five year-old daughter screams and cries, "Satan is king of my heart!" You can't tell me there is not an evil force among us.

Our agenda here on earth is not to run around looking for evil and to stomp out Satan. That would be letting Satan set our agenda. We are to do the work of the Lord, just like Jesus did, and when Satan attacks and intimidates us, we are to stand against every hint of spiritual opposition.

Stand firmly for Jesus. We will be attacked, but we must not be frightened. Never consider retreating, but instead advance. We must advance the Kingdom of God! That's how Satan will be defeated.

We are citizens of a much greater kingdom than we are in now and we are here only for a short time in exile . Our strife will not be for long. Prepare yourself to fight off evil when it is present. There is a crown of life waiting for those who persevere.

James told us "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 (NIV)

Rick Hawbaker
'He Died For Me. I Live For Him!'

No comments:

Post a Comment