Friday, September 17, 2010

There Aren't Good And Bad People...


"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." I love that scripture from Proverbs 27 in the holy, holy word of our awesome God. That scripture has been in the bible since it was written, but it just found me a few months back.

I wrote on a facebook friends page a day or two ago that I would have loved to have been in that dominant foursome of Peter, James, John and Andrew. Can you imagine what it would have been like to hang out with Jesus? My friend later posted the comment, "I just can't wait to meet them, lol, Moses and Noah, too. lol :).

Expanding on the thought of some day rising on eagle's wings and meeting up with these greats in glory land, led me to think about one day having a chat with King David. David was a Shepard, a great warrior, a king of Israel. God says of David, "a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.' Acts 13:22 (NIV). I want to meet David.

David had a dysfunctional family for sure, but he was obedient to God and he repented. He quite possibly might be our best example of a man who asked for forgiveness and repented. After David had committed adultery with Bathsheba he prayed, "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51 1-3 (NIV)

Today as I think about David's life, I think how he was both a good person and a bad person. But really there are only bad people. David was bad. We must just face it. Like David, we are bad. Paul said in Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

It all comes down to there aren't good and bad people like we are led to believe by earthly beings. But, there are two kinds of people. That's right. There are bad people who repent and there are bad people who don't repent. Since we are all steeped in sin and bad through and through, We Must Repent!

Don't go around feeling all secure and full of pride about yourself thinking you were raised in a church family. At best that will only get you a distant glimpse of Jesus from earth. Pride is a terrible thing. It destroys people, cities and countries. Being full of pride is what got Satan kicked out of heaven.

Walk through life with open hands and an open heart. Our God is awesome beyond comprehension. Jesus died for our sins, past, present and future. Seek the one who saves. That would be JESUS!

May your agenda be to live the life God wants you to live. That would be the WILL of GOD! Repent, believe and increase your faith!

Serving a living and loving God,

Rick Hawbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment