Monday, September 20, 2010

Look Past Your Job And On To Jesus


Now more than ever we need Jesus Christ as we face our battles each day. I can't imagine a day without king Jesus with me, although I did try to live without him in control of my life for a lot of years. Life with Jesus isn't any easier, it's just not lonely, because you have Jesus.

I am so sorry I didn't catch on sooner. "Remain in me, and I will remain in you." That is what Jesus has promised us in John 15:4. The closer we get to our God in our walk with the Lord, the closer he gets to us.

The Great Shepard brings me his sheep to pray with and to pray for each day. I thank God for the chance to pray for others as that is the most I can do for someone. Many of God's dearly loved children are not happy with their current job situations. A lot of sad people are performing jobs they are way over qualified for and lots of people are stuck in jobs they have no interest in.

It is so sad that we can't be content with what God has given us. Why do we worry about the job we have? Look past the job and on to Jesus. Get about our father's work and build the kingdom. If you are planning on taking your story to heaven's gate about the great job you had on earth, don't bother. Nobody at the pearly gates will be impressed.

We want more and we all have a deal to make with God. We tell God, "I'll do this, Lord, if you do that." Instead shouldn't we be listening to our creator? If we would step back and look at the deals we are trying to make with the Almighty, we would see just how ridiculous our wants are.

Turn your life over to God if you are looking to be happy. Surrender to the your Maker. That's the only way to happiness. He died for you. You live for him. Seek the kingdom of God and spread the good news of Jesus to everyone.

King David wrote to us, "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3-4 (NIV)

Surrender your life to the Lord and trust in him always. Be still before him and wait patiently for his direction. He loves you more than you will ever know. Love is sacrifice. He sacrificed it all giving his life for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment