Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Going through the ups and downs...

Some days do you feel real connected to God and then the next day you wonder why is God hiding from you? You are not alone. A lot of people have the same feeling. The ups and downs of life. The ups are the good times and the downs are the difficult times.

King David writes about such a time in his life in Psalm 27. He begins the Psalm when all is going well for him. "The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall." (Psalm 27:1-2 NIV)

Then David changes his tone in his writing crying out to God to be merciful to him and to answer him. He writes in verse 9, "Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior."

Does this sound familiar in your life? When the good times are rolling you are thanking and praising God all over the place. Then life takes a turn and you think that God has run out on you. Some even question if there really is a God.

David goes on to close out the psalm, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14 NIV)

When difficult times come, take David's advance - Remember the good times when God did not forget you. Wait on the Lord as he will not forsake you. Ask God for strength and courage as you wait for an answer.

Father God - You are the light, the salvation and stronghold of our lives. Thank you for being there for us through the good and bad times. Help us to remember this example in David's psalms. May we become strong as we wait for you. The great provider of all things. Thank You Jesus!

Rick Hawbaker

Daily Scripture, Prayer and Praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Praying-4-U-/364285405278

(Pictured above is a statue of King David in Jerusalem)

No comments:

Post a Comment