Friday, November 19, 2010

Look to the cross, not to the dollar signs...

Chatting with a friend over lunch a few days back, I told her of my interest to be called to a mission project to end out my working years.

Some friends think I am working a big net for God right where I am, but I want to do more.

The first thing she said was, "Oh, Rick. You would really be good at it." Second thought as she continued, "Mission projects don't pay very well."

I have come along way in my walk with the Lord. I used to think it was all about making money, too. But, my immediate answer without a blink was, "Don't you know that my Father is the King of the Universe?"

Money has very little to do with happiness. Quit beating yourself up to make money to buy things that won't make you happy. Surrender to the Lord.

Seek your Almighty Father like you seek the almighty dollar. Then you will see change. Look to the cross, not to the dollar signs.

Don't get caught up in the rat race and let your values become distorted. Don't allow yourself to become so stressed making money that you produce damage to your bodies, minds and spirits. The temple of the holy spirit resides in you brothers and sisters.

It is written in God's holy word, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV).

The temple of the Holy Spirit isn't in Jerusalem. It is in you!

We have been rescued from the dominion of darkness and brought into the Kingdom of Yeshua! May you be blessed by our GREAT GOD as you experience just how deep and wide and long and high his love is for you. Boldly proclaim the GREATNESS of OUR SAVIOR to the ends of the earth!

Leading and Feeding Christ's Sheep,

Rick Hawbaker

Daily Scripture, Prayer and Praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Praying-4-U-/364285405278

(Pictured above is a cross in a cemetary in Jerusalem)

No comments:

Post a Comment