Friday, March 25, 2011

It is about others and you loving them...

Our God is a mighty fortress and in Him we can find exceptional security. I wish I knew forty, fifty and even sixty years ago what I know now about our God. He has scooped me up in His mighty hands. He is carrying me and is now taking huge steps forward.

I was witnessing to a group of men last week and it came to me to tell them this about my life… As soon as I realized I was to spend more time praying for others and not just pray for myself, that's when I began to change.

I had gone through 57 years of life as a poser for Christ. Like many people, I went to the Lord in prayer when I needed something, but it was always about my own self and not others. I often did not wait for an answer from God, as I felt I knew best. I was living for me and not for Him.

Being a Christian is about so much more than accepting Jesus as your LORD and Savior. It is about others and you loving them.

Father God, Thank You for revealing this to me so I can reveal it to others. In the good and great name of Jesus. Amen and Amen!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – ‘Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.’(NIV).

Thank You King Jesus!

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries

Daily scripture, prayer and praise...Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Praying-4-U-/ 364285405278?ref=ts

Jesus Heals Today http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesus-Heals-Today/18980208104853

No comments:

Post a Comment