Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pray for each other...

Being in the business of getting people to pray for one another, I believe in the power of prayer and I see the LORD working in me and around me every day.
This week I created an event to pray for a person heading into surgery to have an unknown growth removed from their lungs.

Facebook friends around the world offered up prayers to the good LORD. I copied and pasted the prayers to an email and sent them to the person to read the night before surgery.

The one that touched her the most was from a friend of mine half way around the globe. The friend wrote, “I have been in the hospital 23 days with complications of appendices. I am praying from my sick bed for your friend facing surgery on the 15th.”

Wow! Here was someone who was certainly dealing with a lot on their own having been in the hospital so long, but they took the time to respond to me and to lift up someone in prayer to the LORD that they did not even know.

I am a believer in the more a person needs prayer the more they need to be praying for others. In James 5, God's holy word tells us to "pray for each other" and that..."The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

You are so loved by a God that so answers prayers. Pray for someone else today!

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries
Co-founder 'Jesus Heals Today'
Global Scope Ministries Leader of 'I Love God'

No comments:

Post a Comment