Monday, March 21, 2011

Take it to the Lord...

Respect for the individual in the workplace has gone with the wind. Numbers of those unemployed has risen and the poor treatment of employees is becoming common place. There is little concern for the worker as they can be quickly replaced by the millions currently without work.

Most of the bosses that cared about you and your family in past decades are dead and buried. They have been replaced with those brought up with the bottom line on the top of their heads.

Praying with oppressed workers, I have found their jobs to be their affliction. Their workload continues to increase as their benefits decrease. Insurance coverage is worse, some don’t receive raises year after year, and many are working away from their love-ones in the evenings and on week-ends.

Living in a dark world, there still is an ever-present help that has amazing strength. God’s holy word says, “The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph over my enemies.” Psalm 118:6-7 (NIV)

Many people have been badly beaten both mentally and physically and have been driven to make unhealthy choices in their lives. They are living from cigarette to cigarette and energy drink to energy drink. They are on happy pills, use alcohol and more.

Come to Jesus! Seriously, this is easy work for the Creator of all things. Your connection to the great power source of the Universe is through prayer. Take it to the LORD in prayer!

“I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. The LORD has chastened me severely, but has not given me over to death.” Psalm 118:17-18.

Our God is so good and He so answers prayers. ”Praise be to God who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!” Psalm 66:20 (NIV).

Father – We come to you with great thanksgiving. Your love for us endures forever. Knowing you are with us, we can stop our enemies in their tracks. In you we put our trust. You are our amazing strength. We shall not die but live and proclaim your matchless greatness throughout the lands. You are our God and we will praise you all our days. In the name of Jesus. Amen!

Serving a Living God,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment