Sunday, July 17, 2011

Enjoying time with God the Father...

‘And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.’ Mark 1:35 KJB

I was up before the first birds began to sing several times this week. Oh, what a neat feeling. I could feel the presence of my Father surrounding me.

It was as if I had him all to myself as I could not see or hear anything to distract me. Jesus must have felt the same thing as he often sought out the quite and solutude places.

It is the great moments like this alone with Him that propel me on to desire more and more of the king of the universe. Praying to our almighty Father gives me an awesome feeling. It is way, way beyond me to try to comprehend that he has made everything known and unknown. Assured that he is for us gives me a warm, comforting feeling.

I am waiting on the LORD for my next step forward. I know I won’t be disappointed. The bible tells me so …”No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame”, Psalm 25:3.

Father God ~ You are awesome, O LORD. Your greatness will never be matched. Thank you for putting your gracious hand on all of those who look to you for comfort and strength. May we see your glory and not give in to the temptation. Give us the deep and burning desire to glorify you in all we do. In Jesus name. Amen!

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment