Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Having great faith...

A couple of crazies passed me today on Harley’s holding hands. That’s not something I would feel safe doing…driving a motorcycle with one hand 55-plus mph in four lanes of bumper to bumper traffic heading the same way I am. Not to mention the fact of being connected by hands with someone an arms-length away also driving on two wheels with one hand.

After the fear I had for them came to pass, I began thinking about just how much trust that would take. You would have to trust your own one-handed driving ability, the ability of the person you are hanging on to and the sea of traffic surrounding you.

It would really be something if people could or would put that much faith in God? Imagine the mountains we could leap over. We would be like young shepherd David having faith that the LORD would help him slay the giant Goliath. And David did slay him.

We can face anything with that kind of faith, knowing our enemies will fall before us. We must pray and encourage one another to passionately seek our Father and His will and keep His word in our heart and on our minds.

Enclaved in problems and circumstances I often think of the glory days ahead for all that heed the call and surrender to our great God. For one day the glory of the LORD will unfold and cover the earth.

‘The LORD is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?’ Psalm 27:1 (NLT).

‘Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me. Do not let me fall into their hands.’ Psalm 27:11-12 (NLT).

‘Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.’ Psalm 27:14 (NLT).

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries


No comments:

Post a Comment