Sunday, July 24, 2011

Getting into the word of God...

“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:” Deuteronomy 6:6 (KJV).

I am led to encourage you to get into the word of God. I can not see how we can be obedient to our Father in heaven, if we don’t know what it is we are to do.

I worshipped with an assembly of believers recently in a setting different from the one I am used to. Behind the person delivering the message of God was the Ten Commandments. There were five on each side of him and written large enough so everyone could read them.

These were the commandments and not merely suggestions. I think it would do us all good to jump into the Old Testament and know what God wants for his dear children.

I am not trying to beat you up or get you down because you are not in His word every day. You can’t see Jesus and the glory of LORD if you are looking down. What I am doing is encouraging you to get to know God through His word given to us.

Be lifted up by His holy word and share it with others. The word became flesh (Jesus) and if you fill your heart, soul and mind with the word, you too will become Jesus to others.

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment