Thursday, October 27, 2011

I am on the run toward Him...

“How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth!” ~ Psalm 47:2 (NIV).

I am on fire for the LORD and I want more. I think you want more, too. I know he has so much more for us and I am praying he will prepare us so we can receive all he has for us.

The first thought going through my head this morning as my feet hit the floor was “If a person really loves Jesus, they can’t get enough of Him.” At this point in my life, that is exactly where I am at.

What made me move off the dime? I had a back ground of playing church in two different mainline denominations and even was Elder of one. But I had not let the LORD God Almighty wrap both arms around me.

God had followed me with His arms spread out and reaching down and lived in me as the Holy Spirit. But until I turned around and pursued Him I was not on fire for the King.

The very power that raised our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, from the dead, came over me and guided me as I tippy-toed toward God. Now I am on the run toward Him.

One would think the fire would burn out, but no, not this one. It is a raging wild fire. Stoked by the Holy Spirit. All honor, glory and praise goes to King Jesus.

Born to Love,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries †

No comments:

Post a Comment