Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank You Papa!

Rick Hawbaker, Praying 4 U Ministries
"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NKJV).

Thanksgiving Day has come again. I am truly thankful for many things. I am thankful that my first love in life has become the LORD God Almighty. I am thankful for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, His word, grace, forgiveness, salvation, unending love, and more.

I am thankful for my wife, my family, my home, my job, my health, my friends, and more. I am thankful for clean air, fresh water, the many freedoms we enjoy, and for days off.

But the thing I am most thankful for is the ability I have to feel the very presence of God. I have moved from having the holy spirit  in me to being able to feel His warmth upon me. I am loving it and I know He loves it and wants the same for you. 

I only felt God’s presence previously when I was having a spiritual high at family camps, men’s retreats or advances.  I have now grown closer to my Father, my shepherd, as I pray with friends or as I seek Him in solitude. After years of following me and chasing after me, I have become the follower and am chasing Him.

Through praying for others, studying His word, and spending time alone with God seeking to build a relationship with Him, I have become closer to my Father. I now feel I truly walk in the presence of God and have him upon me. I am not alone as I go through everyday life situations releasing His presence.

What a great life together God and I have going on. I am only sorry I didn’t surrender to Him sooner and come to experience His presence like I do now every day. How simple it is. He loves me and I love Him. That's it!

The greatest way to experience His presence is to release His presence to others. You do that by telling others what he has done in the past and what He is doing in your life and in the lives of others around you.

I am thankful that the list of things I am thankful for goes on and on.  It is unending just like the love He has for me and the love I have for Him. I have been greatly blessed to have been chosen to be a son of God and to have inherited His kingdom.

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” ~ Revelation 7:12 (NKJV).

Thank You Papa!
 
Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment