Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wait on the LORD...


“Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.” ~ Psalm 27:14 (NKJV).

You have probably heard this bible verse quoted many times. I know I have. But have you ever considered that the “wait” in the thought ‘wait on the LORD’, may mean to actually wait as a waiter or waitress on the LORD? Like you actually serve him?
I love my friends and all they bring to the table for us all to ponder. We certainly do sharpen one another. A friend tossed out this idea the other day. Does ‘wait on the LORD’ mean to serve the LORD while you wait for something to happen?

I am thinking that as God told us to ‘wait’, that he didn’t mean for us to literally wait, like just lay around in the weeds and wait for him to do something.  No, he probably did mean exactly what my friend suggested. We are to wait on the LORD as a servant of his.

As we wait on the LORD, we can do a lot of helping others and loving on each other. God likes this idea and the angels are dancing for sure. This serving others may prepare us to get our answer we are waiting for sooner.

It is not so easy for us to wait for anything. It is one of the hardest things to do. There are many examples in the bible of those who waited on the LORD and those who didn’t.  Being able to wait on the LORD is a great quality of a man of God.
“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope.” ~Psalm 130:5 (NKJV).

Soldier of the LORD,

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment