Thursday, January 19, 2012

One piece of love and light at a time...

“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV.

The Spirit of God is always leading us. Have you ever looked back at the last five or ten years of your life and seen how the Spirit has led you?

Five years ago our plans were to move 75 miles north to be closer to our son and his family. I was able to quickly get a job transfer, but we were unable to sell our home.

After six months of chaos, we settled back in our original home and began going to an evangelical mega church. We have made many friends there and have gotten closer to our creator and provider.

Looking back we can see how finding this assembly of believers has brought us closer to the LORD. Now we feel God has put on our hearts to help launch a spirit-filled church, Freedom Fellowship.

Freedom Fellowship will be focused on helping people find freedom by demonstrating the love and power of God. That is exactly where I am in my life right now and I am all fired up and ready to go.

If anyone would have told me five, ten, twenty, thirty years ago or more that we would someday be one of the original families launching a spirit-filled church, I would have not believed them.

Knowing now what I do about our creator and his amazing love for us and witnessing His power, I will follow Him. I am on board to furthering the kingdom of God. On board to bringing heaven to earth, one piece of love and light at a time.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Luke 4:18-19 NIV.

Thank you Jesus!

Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4 U Ministries†


Those wishing more information on Freedom Fellowship are encouraged to visit their website. http://www.myfreedomfellowship.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment