Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pray continually with all kinds of prayers...



“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” ~ Ephesians 6:18 (NIV).

Oh, happy day, happy day. I believe Exodus 15:26 to be true, “for I am the LORD, who heals you." What I believe doesn’t stop there. I also believe “I will take away sickness from among you.” Exodus 23:25.

My faith in my God doesn’t stop there either. It includes Psalm 103:3 “Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”

My wife had broken her arm and had rotator cuff surgery five months ago. She had not responded to therapy and the surgeon, doctors, and therapist began saying her shoulder was frozen (adhesive capsulitis). Manipulation surgery to go in and break up the scar tissue was schedule.

I am blessed to a part of a group of passionate praying men who call themselves 6:10 Warriors after Ephesians 6:10 which is “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” The love and power of the Holy Spirit leaks out of these men.

They are out to reclaim their health, marriages, families, jobs, businesses and happiness. Everything that Satan, the Snake, has come after in their lives, the 610 Warriors are out to reclaimed. Satan has power but NO Authority and the 610 Warriors know this fact well. 

The 6:10 Warriors began praying in the last month that the scar tissue would be gone in the name of Jesus, that my wife would be able to reach a little further or higher and notice the progress each day, and that the idea to cancel her surgery would be the surgeon’s idea. These prayers were all answered!

My wife’s surgery was canceled indeed. The surgeon who had done the first surgery said at her pre-surgery checkup before the manipulation surgery, “I am amazed, totally amazed. You have gone from ZERO external rotation with your arm to 45% in the last month. I think we should cancel manipulation surgery. What do you think? Your shoulder is not frozen."

In Luke 18:1, “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.” Plan A at our house is to pray and pray is exactly what we did. If prayer is not answered, Plan B around here is to continue to pray. And that is what we did. We were obedient to our Father, praying and not giving up.  O healing power of the Holy Spirit, thank you. All glory and praise goes to you LORD.

I have heard prayed many times “and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5. I believe that to be true along with Jeremiah 30:17, “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD.”

“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24.

Whatever the mountain is that is before you as you have read this today, know that mountains melt before the LORD as you follow the direction God wrote in his own book, “pray continually,” 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Led by the Holy Spirit,

Rick Hawbaker

Praying 4 U Ministries

(Please note all scriptures are from New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted.)


No comments:

Post a Comment