Friday, May 28, 2010

Put Jesus On Your Bike...


What is it exactly that is going to make you content? How much money is it going to take? No matter what days off you get from work, how much money you make, or how big your house is, you aren't going to be happy unless the Great Shepard of the Sheep is directing you.

You can shine up your car, buy yourself a tan and put on your best clothes, but will you be content. Of course not! Adam had everything. Everything! This guy lived in paradise. He wasn't content. You won't be content either until you put Jesus on the front of your bicycle.
Ask God to guide you and help you pedal your bike through your days on earth. You can't do it alone. Whenever you try to do it by yourself the bike will slow down and you will fall. "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV). Put God in control today.

Our Creator, the God of Peace, tells us in Hebrews 13, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Now that is a promise from our one true God. He didn't say it once, but said it twice. "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Never, never!

God told us in Joshua 1:5, "No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you." Did you catch that...he said "just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you."

"So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6 NIV). That's right! What can man do to you? Nothing, as God is in complete control. Jesus defeated satan at the cross. God can turn to good, all that men do against you.

Our Sovereign Lord, is the only one who consistently will not let us down. There isn't a human no matter how hard they try that will not let you down. God is on his throne in heaven and Jesus is right there interceding for us. God's Holy Spirit is in you. That is why we should be content...you have the best team possible working for you...God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Rick Hawbaker

'Serving the living God'

1 comment:

  1. Rick, this is Sue from Kansas. I understand you were told that I was loosing it. Well, I might be but I still love the Lord. And I love the one who told you I was loosing it. She is a very special friend that I miss very much.
    I also love your thoughts and stories. They are so insprirational.
    Keep them coming in. It is wonderful that you can write like you do. It has to be a gift.
    Let Joy know that I love her, she don't believe me. I sometimes wish we had never moved back to Kansas,but when you begin to get old like we are it is better to back around your kids.
    May God bless you and your family. Sue

    ReplyDelete