Friday, May 21, 2010

"The Waters Have Come Up To My Neck"

I haven't met David, but a lot of what he has written sounds right out of the days we are passing through. We are seeing families ripped and torn to nonexistance. Jobs are unavailable, debt is taking over and friends are losing families, homes, spouses, jobs, and businesses. The enemy surrounding us is different. But we are wading in the same threatening waters. Waters that will take us if we don't get help from our God.

"The waters have come up to my neck!" How many times a week have we heard statements similiar to this from family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Many, many people are taking steps backward to get a better stand, but are sinking deeper as the flood waters keep on coming.

"Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God." (Psalm 69:1-3 NIV).

Being knocked to our knees is certainly not the life most people would choose, but getting better aquainted with the Lord while you are on those knees is a great thing. It is a chance you don't want to miss. It is written, "The suffering you sent was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your principles" (Psalm 119:71 NIV).

Jesus the great comforter said in John 16:22 (NIV), "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." The sorrow we possess will be turned to joy by God and our future joy will look all the more beautiful.

God will turn your sorrows into joy as you endure and become stronger. Put your trust in God. For he alone can save you. He is the only one that can do it for you. He did it for me and I see him working in others each and every day. Thank you Almighty God for all I have seen you do in the past and for what you are doing now. You are awsome!

"But David found strength in the Lord his God." (1 Samuel 30:6 NIV). We must too! "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." (Psalm 28:7 NIV).

You can experience full joy through answered prayer. Jesus told us in John 16:24 NIV, "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." It is written in Psalm 33:21 NIV, "In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name."

A great comfort is knowing that our suffering is only temporary, "...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5 NIV).

Lord Jesus Come!

Rick Hawbaker

'Serving The Living God!'

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment