Monday, February 21, 2011

'First on Main Street'

This morning going through the closet looking for just the right shirt to wear, I saw my ties hanging all neatly together. They looked exactly like they did the day I hung them there when we moved into the house.

The ties reminded me that I was the ‘First on Main Street’ day after day years ago in the flatlands of the Midwest. I thought that being the boss I needed to be the first one at work and in doing so I would gain the respect of my crew.

Although I knew the Lord then and served him as an Elder of a church, I don’t think he knew me. In the past ten years I have had a renewing of my mind and have become like that which I behold.

I used to seek the respect of the community and those working for me. Now I seek the respect of my Creator. Living for the King 24/7, I have both, the respect of God and of my community.

Father God – We thank you, Lord, that we are not merely a hearers of your word, but doers, and have built our houses on the rock of Christ. Thank you for rescuing us from ourselves. Continue to mold and shape us into the persons you died for us to be. In the good and great name of Jesus. Amen!


Rick Hawbaker
Praying 4-U Ministries
Co-founder 'Jesus Heals Today'
Global Scope Ministries Leader of 'I Love God'

No comments:

Post a Comment