Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pray for one another...

Beloved…

I was making my way to the time clock yesterday and noticed a co-worker that didn't look like they were having a good day. I asked if everything was alright and heard, “I just don’t want to come to work.”

Well, I can relate to that and I imagine most of you can too. I told her that I understood completely and offered to pray for her. She turned around and gave me a hug. Our talk turned to Jesus and she expressed how she wished he would hurry up and come back. Me too!

I shared with her that we are the body of Christ and that we needed to be praying for one another every day. God’s holy word tells us in James 5 that ‘the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.’

We have only God and each other to make it through life’s challenges. There is nothing greater than our God and he would be very pleased to help you through your daily storms.

It is written in Proverbs 15:29 (NIV), “The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.” Talk to your brothers and sisters of the Lord and let them know your prayer needs.

“For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." Matthew 18:20 (NLT). Pray with your brothers and sisters in the Lord. We need to keep pumping each other up so we can be strong until the end.

You are so loved by a God that so answers prayers!

Shalom,

Rick Hawbaker ~ Praying 4-U Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment